Monday, February 04, 2008

One step foward. Two steps back. Today I was supposed to restart my New Year/New Me Resolutions, but, well, you know me by now. Promises. Promises. Delays. Delays. Procrastinating all the way.

I started off okay. I went to bed last night about 11pm (early for me). I was up about 6am. I managed to catch the earlier train allowing me to arrive in school about 7:15am. I made photocopying my homework sheet and assignments a high priority. The copy machine the faculty has access to (without putting in a requisition[and a long wait time]) is out of order, so I had to make all my copies on my personal machine. On Friday, Admin having cancelled the Literacy Block in favor of Math Preparation for most of the school, I just assumed that they would do the same today. No, I was wrong. Calling AP1 triggered an annoucement about the new cycle of the literacy program beginning today. Also, my prep coverage was absent) along with about 3 or 4 other teachers. So, I had no prep period. Luckily, my kids were not too hyper today.

I really wanted to be out of the building by 4:30pm. But, just my (regular) luck, the principal chose this time to do a faculty Professional Developement during the faculty conference time. And, instead of ending at the usual faculty conference time of 4:00pm, the Professional Developement ended at 4:30pm. I was out of the building about 5:45pm. I arrived in the Bronx about 6pm. I decided to go to the Target store to look at the digital dictionaries. I bought one ($29.99)for my foster father's lady friend(along with a $30 gift card to AMC movie theaters). Now, I want one.

Oh, that reminds me. I stopped reading "A Storm of Swords" by George R.R. Martin some time in December. Once the new year started, I just hadn't felt like picking up that book again. I might return to it at another time. So now I am reading Book 3 of The Age of Fire "Dragon Outcast". I'm on page 96 (of 350 pages)at the moment. Next up, I think I will read the Golden Compass trilogy. I think I will save the finally Harry Potter book for jury duty. I received my notice in the mail, but I deferred serving until the summer.

I better go. Hopefully, I can try again tomorrow with having a more productive day, and being out of the building at 4:30pm. Tomorrow, my class is supposed to being going on a field trip that Ms. Across the Hall went to last week. Ms. Down the Hall goes on Thursday.

I will try for another 11pm bedtime tonight, and an early train tomorrow morning.


Post Date - Monday, February 4, 2008 8:32PM

2 comments:

Max Sartin said...

Oh man, I gave up on the New Year's resolutions a couple years ago. Seemed all it did was set me up to fail. I quit smoking a year ago, and purposly stopped a week before New Years Eve, just so it wouldn't be a resolution. A year and a month and still going strong. Unlike either of the times I tried it right on New Years. But good luck on yours, my brother is actually more successful when he does it as a resolution. Go figure.

Jannx said...

Hello Max. Congratulations on your personal resolution to give up smoking. As for me, I don't seem to be off to a good start with the "New Me" New Year. But, I will(I hope)just keep trying, until I get it right.