Friday, February 29, 2008

Sorry, I've fallen a bit behind. I have to clear out my draft folder.
Thursday, February 28th.
Another nice day. Princess Beady has been out (sick) for the last few days, I wonder of there is a correlation. :) Today was another pleasant day (relatively speaking). There was not much stress today. Although, I did have a drama episode with Drama Queen and Sneaky. DQ was upset that Sneaky was telling "her friends" to not talk to her. I waited until lunchtime to deal with the drama. It actually took about 25 minutes of conversation to get the issue resolved. DQ wasn't satisfied until I found a way to blame both of them as being "the starters". That was the only incident with the students.

In the area of work. I finally received a prep today. I had not had a preparation period for the past two days. I was glad to finally get one.

Today was also the Black History assembly. The show was nice. But much too long. Since Admin did not want to cancel the literacy block in the morning, the assembly was put on after the last lunch period. The show should have been started at 1:30, but it did not start until about 2PM. At about 2:50PM, the show's producer (Dr. Data [the school's data analyzer] mentioned that the show would need to be continued for tomorrow, but then continued. I was annoyed. Didn't anyone have a watch or a clock. So the show continued for about another 7 or 8 minutes. Then, teachers had to take their classes back to their classrooms to get packed. Luckily, I had already gone over the homework and had the homework distributed. I was also lucky that I invested the time early in the school year in training my class to "pack quickly, neatly and carefully". My classroom was clean and my kids were packed and out the classroom door in about five minutes.*

*Unless you have kids, or are a teacher, this bit of boasting means nothing.

After dismissal, I received my order from Staples. I bought a new copier drum and a new ink cartridge($300). I was out of the building at 7:10PM. I was home at 8:40PM. I also noticed something about my leaving time:

Monday 4 something
Tuesday 5 something
Wednesday 6 something
Today 7 something -- I wonder if there is a pattern.

When I arrived home, there was a postal notification that my Amazon order arrived. I was looking forward to getting my Star Trek book. I started reading Children of Hurin. That book Sucks!!! What was I thinking buying that book? Very nice pictures, but not much else. Since I am a bit slow, that book was way over my head. It was all a jumble to me. Too many names, and every other person seemed to have more than one name. And, too much information. There was even a separate section with a pronunciation guide. It was like reading a doctoral dissertation. I had no problem putting that book aside.

Well, I think that's about it.

Sneak preview for up-coming blog entries:
Friday - Picture day (in the inner-city)
Saturday - Shopping at the mall


Post Date - Sunday, March 02, 2008 11:47AM

2 comments:

Jeff said...

You know, if all we had to do was teach, wouldn't it be so much easier? Instead, we deal with drama from our students, their parents, and other teachers, and that's to say nothing of all the paperwork and other garbage we're expected to do WHILE teaching.

Still, it's the greatest job in the world somehow.

Keep walking tall, man.

Jannx said...

Very true. Our jobs would be much, much easier if we did not have to deall with the "extras".