Friday, February 01, 2008

The Quality Review is over!!!

This week, and pretty much last week as well, I've been a bit of a daze. Leaving school at 8 or 8:30pm, getting home at about 9:30 or 10pm, and then stressing about school work at home. The strange part, I was not really nervous about the Quality Review, I was just feeding on the negativity around. The Quality Review is where the School as a whole (and the principal to a certain extent) is given a grade. Last school year, my school received an "A".

Back to the quick summary. While other teachers were stressing out about things like putting Post-its on each piece of students' work, I just laugh...just a bit. When AP1 came in my room for a last minute inspection the day before the Quality Review stressing about Post-Its on kids work (that were already graded, and already had teacher comments), I politely said that I would add it to my list of things that needed to be done. However to myself, I was saying, "This lady must be smoking something".

Anyway, there was a lot I needed to get done, but that was just in general, not because a visitor was coming.

Let me do a quick summary, so that I can call it a night. Hopefully, I will go into a bit of details another time.

Up at 2am
procrastination and preparation
Taxi to work after a later MN train
Literacy block was (relatively) nice
Group meeting with the Quality Review Rep.
Drama in the lunchroom
Program for conflict resolution rep. arrived 40min. late
Planned to be out of building at 4:30pm
Out of building at 5pm
Target to buy cap (lost another) running for the train.
Home about 6pm
Cooked Dinner
Bath
Watched Smallville
Fell asleep about 9:15pm
Woke up about 1am
Now, I'm finished my blog
A bit of lesson planning, then, I'm calling it a night.


Post Date - Friday, February 1, 2008 2:09AM

2 comments:

Jeff said...

The life of a teacher. I swear. Most people wouldn't believe it, but I promise it's all true. I know it is, man.

Jannx said...

Yes, the life of a teacher, it is all true...unfortunately.