Sunday, February 17, 2008

A long day of mental mush. However, I can strike one thing off my "Things to Do" list. I completed my lesson plans for the week that I return back to school. So, what was the mental hold up? Just when I was getting a little bit used to the schedule and the expectations, that things were changed...yet again. Now, at my school we are expected to teach Math for 3 periods (4 if you count the first period where we are required to teach Math Test Prep). Problem? 3 hours of one subject (no matter how you spin it) is too much.

Okay, enough about school. The point was that I accomplished one thing of my list. I am feeling a bit pleased with myself. I was planning to type up my homework sheet, but with a week to go, I don't need to push myself. I will work on my HW sheet tomorrow. I was thinking about doing it first thing in the morning, but now I'm thinking that wouldn't be a very good idea. I was able to get my lesson plan done today only because for the first time in a long time, I was able to avoid turning on my computer first thing in the morning. No matter how many times I say I won't, in the past, I ended up staying online for hours, then feeling like doing nothing. Today, I was able to get my lesson plan done, because I didn't turn on my computer (until this evening).

So, what did I do when I finished my lesson plans? I went to get the Sunday paper. After reading the paper, and eating some of my leftover spaghetti, I watched TV. I watched Fox 5 animation lineup 8~9 (switching between that and American Gladiators). Then, I watched the updated version of Knight Rider. I used to watch that show when I was younger. So, how was the new show. In my opinion, the show was a bit boring, I felt like it dragged on for much too long. Short synopsis?

The story is about an old guy living in suburbia, he is the inventor of the US military defensive system, and the talking car. Yet, thugs can basically just walk up to his house and walk right in. When hard rock music isn't being played, then there is the soap opera aspect presented. "The Team" consists of the daughter of the old guy, her ex-boyfriend (who left her years ago), who is an ex military guy who was abandon by his father and then his mother, and who was a bad seed growing up, but managed to turn his life around. An example of a plot point that what had me scratching my head. The old guy has a heartattack, and is presumed dead, but can still be healthy enough to run to a nearby house. Oh, and the chase scenes were too long.

Well, time to go. Now that I have my lesson plans done, tomorrow, I will focus on cleaning my apartment.


Post Date - Monday, February 18, 2008 12:02AM

No comments: