Monday, February 18, 2008

President's Day
I did it again. I told myself that I would go online for just a minute, that was about 6 hours ago. Therefore, my apartment is still a pigsty.

Today was suppose to be my apartment cleaning day. I was up and out of bed about 9:30am. The weather report said that it might rain, so I decided to go food shopping. I also needed to buy some more of the big 30gal.(113L) trash bags. I took the the 10:30 (or 11:30, I don't remember) train to Yonkers. About an hour later, I was about $164 poorer. I bought the thickest bags that I could find, but the so-called "Hefty Ultra Flex" still look like the paper thin 99-cent store brands. I also bought organic 2%milk, wheatbread, 5 boxes of breakfast cereals (variations on fruit and wheat mixes), 3 boxes of variety pack of instant Cream of Wheat, 1 box of apple & cinnamon instant oatmeal, (about 10)Weight Watchers meals, 3 Lean Cuisine Panini sandwiches, Jell-O fruit cups, microwavable rice, a pack of boneless chicken breast, and I bought the ingredients needed for the sweet & sour chicken recipe on the Minute Made Rice box.

Once home, I had a can of low sodium chicken and rice soup and a Panini sandwich. After eating, I felt like sleeping, but instead, I decided to get on the computer for a minute, and...well, I'm still online.

One of my epals mentioned going to the movies. I'd mentioned that I was planning to go to Brooklyn to drop off some paperwork at the Board of Ed HQ. I also mentioned the Brooklyn Bridge (he's new to the city), so we will walk across the Brooklyn Bridge. I spent a bit of online time trying to figure out movie place and times. Having the internet is an extreme time saver. It is getting hard to imagine life without it.

Tomorrow is supppose to be cooler. Today, minus the brief rain showers was a very, very nice weather day.

Well, I better go. Now, that I said that I would be dropping off some paperwork, I suppose I should actually fill out the papers. I've had these papers for over a year. Long story short, when you are hired by the Board of Ed., you are placed on a salary scale. You have to complete paperwork to be placed on the correct rung of the salary ladder. Depending on what the Board will accept, I am actually anywhere from 3 to 6 rungs off. Also, during the past summer having completed 9 education credits (P-credits), I am now at my bachelor degree+30 credits putting me on a different salary ladder. Since I am past (way, way past) the deadline, I won't qualify for retroactive pay. Meaning, I will only receive a salary increase from the date the paperwork is handed in. What I really need to do is go back for my Master's Degree. Originally, my plan was to become a guidance couselor, then an administrator, but considering that I am rapidly facing the big 4-0, I am going to skip the guidance couselor stage. Several people have told me that I would make a good guidance counselor because I have a lot of patience. But, having spent a few years on a career drift, I think I need to start setting some concrete goals.

More than I was planning to write. I better go. Until next time...


Post Date - Monday, February 18, 2008 7:30PM

No comments: