Sunday, February 03, 2008

Quick Sunday wrap-up. Yesterday, my foster brother called me to offer me an apartment in the Bronx at a lower rent than I am paying now. I told him that I would have to think about it. My rent is higher now, but I like living near the water. Also, my commute is easy in the morning.

Later, Yesterday afternoon, my foster brother called again to ask if I wanted to go visit his grandmother's grave. Since I had no plans, I said okay. The original plan of meeting on 125th street was changed. I arrived at about 8am, but my foster brother kept me waiting for almost an hour. We rode out the New Jersey. We visited graves, then I was treated to a lunch at Red Lobster. I don't go out much, so it nice to go to a fancy restaurant. It was nice going to a restaurant where I was not asked, "do you want fries with that?"

After returning to NYC, I rode the MN train back to Yonkers. In downtown Yonkers, I was planning to only buy a replacement for the scarf that I misplaced. I ended up going to the imitation 5 and Dime Store. I ended up buying a couple of denim shirts, long underwear, gloves, etc... I then went shopping for a few items at the grocery store. The online store was out of orange juice. After shopping, I walked home, then I did my laundry.


Post Date - Sunday, February 3, 2008 10:09PM

No comments: