Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Quick entry (while my dinner settles). Last night (actually this morning), I went to bed at 2AM and was up again at 6:20AM. Surprisingly, I was not as tired as I was expecting to be.

Today turned out to be another okay day. The literacy block program was cancelled today due to the school-wide practice test. And, the literacy program will be cancelled tomorrow for a "Day 2" practice math test. Also adding to my pleasant day, was the absence of three of my students (including Drama Queen, and Princess). My day ended with not a lot of stress. I had wanted to be out of the building by 4 or 4:30, but I ended up falling into an old pattern. After chatting with other teachers, and making copies, it was past 4:30PM. I did manage to make all the copies for my homework for the remainder of the week using the faculty copy machine. My personal copier is running low on ink((about $88 to replace) and the drum will soon need to be replaced (about $188 to replace).

I arrived home about 6:30PM. I had a Weight Watcher's meal for dinner. After I finish this blog entry, then I will get on my rowing machine (I hope). This time, I will need to jump in the shower as soon as I finish, or I'll fall asleep before I get in the shower.

Oh, I almost forgot. On my way out of the building today, the principal stopped me to ask if I was interested in going out of state for a 2-day professional development training workshop. The training is for the new literacy program that we started using this year. What days? The 3 days right before the Spring Break vacation. A part of me was excited about getting out of the building for a couple of days. However, a part of me is a bit worried about the idea of leaving my class for a couple of days, right before the vacation, and not returning until after the vacation. Knowing me, I will spend too much time (during the vacation) worrying about the condition of my classroom.

And lastly, I finished reading E.E. Knight's book, "Dragon Outcast". Other than the reason I mentioned in the previous blog entry, I liked the book. I am looking forward to the next book.

Well, I better go. It is almost 8PM. I am tired, but I know I should at least get on the rowing machine. I also want to correct some papers. Hopefully, I will be able to grade at least a few papers before I fall asleep.


Post Date - Tuesday, February 26, 2008 8:00PM

No comments: