Sunday, February 24, 2008


I just visited the other site mentioned here a few entries ago. He has another amazing piece of information. In select areas around the US, you can now get a 3D view of an address that you type in Google.com's map site. I tried it for a couple of times. I was able to see the street my school is located. I will attach a photo of another search that I did.

3D View Steps
1. Go to Google.com (Maps)*
*Click on "Street View" over the map of the US. The cameras that appear will show you the areas that have 3D views.
2. Type in an address.
3. Zoom in to the street level.
*If the street lines are blue, then you will be able to get a 3D view
4. Click and drag on the little man on the map to the location.

That's it!

Once you are in the 3D view, then click the right or left (curved)arrow to rotate. It's like you are standing in the middle of the street. You can also zoom in and out while in the 3D mode. The 3D mode will also show you the direction of traffic. Amazing!!!


Post Date - Sunday, February 24, 2008 2:29AM

2 comments:

Charlene said...

This is very interesting. Thanks!

Jannx said...

Yes, I thought it was interesting also. It is amazing what computers are able to do.