Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Cleaning and a Smoothie

Tuesday, July 15th



Day 1 of my apartment cleaning. Finally, I have started cleaning my apartment.

I started the day with another blender drink. This time I wanted to use the bananas that were turning brown. I decided to make a basic banana smoothie, and to my surprise, it tasted almost like the store-bought. I added about a teaspoon of honey which wasn't in the recipe, but I got tired of the "funny" taste I kept getting from my blender drinks. I also think the "funny" taste is coming from the low fat yogurt I've been using. Anyway, the taste of the smoothie was okay; I liked it. I liked it so much that I decided to make another one. This time, I made a strawberry and banana smoothie. I drank one glass of the S&B smoothie, and saved the other glass. Today I also had hot oatmeal and hot green tea. Today however, I did not turn on my computer.

Finally, I was able to start cleaning up my apartment. Finally!!!
Today I tackled only the living room. I went through the mounds of papers. I packed, stacked, and bagged the papers, newspapers, and magazines that had taken over my apartment. I think it will take me about another 2 days to finish my whole apartment.
* Today (Cleaning Day 1) - I cleaned up the school related trash and clutter almost covering the living room floor. I have 7 large black trash bags full to throw out. I also cleaned off the surfaces of the coffee table, my file cabinet, and my dining table which doubles as a office table. It is actually a folding card table. I stacked my school materials in the hallway with the boxes from school. When it is time to return to school, I'll rent a small moving van with a driver.
* Tomorrow (Cleaning Day 2) - I will need to go through the papers, mail, and junk mail and organized the papers that I keep. Today, my main goal was to get rid of trash and clutter. Tomorrow, my main goal will be to organized the papers that I will keep, and do real cleaning (meaning using soap and water). After dumping the 7 bags of trash, I will come back to clean my bedroom, bathroom, and kitchen. Later, while I'm watching the evening news, I will go through the papers and organize them.
* Thursday (Cleaning Day 3) - Cleaning the Venetian blinds, taking down the curtains to be washed, and mopping the living room and hallway floors. Hopefully, I will have mopped the bedroom, bathroom, and kitchen floors on Wednesday.


Completion Date - Tuesday, July 15, 2008 11:53PM
Post Date - Friday, August 8, 2008 1:12AM

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Good luck with the cleaning. My place WAS clean at one point this summer.