Sunday, July 13, 2008

Smoothie

Saturday, July 12th


This will be an extremely short entry.Today I was determined...a bit to clean my apartment. I told myself this morning that I would not even turn on my computer because I knew I would vegetate for a couple of hours in front of the screen. Well, tomorrow I will be meeting an epal (Veg.) for a walk along 5th avenue. I told myself that I should send the confirmation information via text message to avoid turning on my computer, but I ended up turning on my computer, and I have been sitting here for about 12 hours. Finally, about 11p.m., I was able to drag myself from the computer. I zapped a Smart Choice meal in the microwave.

While my dinner was "cooking", I moved most of the vegetables to the freezer. My strawberries were starting to get moldy, so I decided to make a fruit smoothie from my juicing book. It took me about 25 minutes to make the simple smoothie. So, how was the taste? Strange. Strange in that it tasted (and smelled)almost identical to the couple of vegetable drinks that I tried to make a couple of weeks ago. It was thick and creamy, but it tasted like I was eating lawn grass. I attached a photo of the finished product.


Post Date - Wednesday, August 6, 2008 12:21PM
Completion Date - Sunday, July 13, 2008 2:02AM

2 comments:

Jeff said...

I went to the Smoothie King for the first time last Friday. I have to say I loved it!

Jannx said...

Yes, I love store bought smoothies. So far, homemade (or at least my homemade) smoothies are a required taste.