Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Old Routines Die Hard

Wednesday, July 16th
Today was supposed to be Day 2 of my apartment cleaning. I started today with the best of intentions, but I quickly fell into old habits. I started today with the goal of picking up where I left off from yesterday. I had cold cereal and quickly dressed. I made three trips to the trash compound behind the building complex where I live. I had 7 large black trash bags full, plus my old broken granny cart, broken iron, and other miscellaneous trashed items. After I finished the trash runs, I decided that I would walk up to the local bodega to buy the newspaper and make a withdrawal from the ATM machine. I needed to put some money on my laundry debit card. The washers and dryers in the complex only use debit cards that can be reloaded with $5 being the lowest denomination. Well, being Mr. slow and forgetful, I got the newspaper but forgot about going to the ATM. I didn't feel like going up the hill again at that moment. Then, I decided to go to the nearby park to read my newspaper. Yep, instead of cleaning my room. Although, I did tell myself that I would jump into cleaning just as soon as I finished my newspaper. Well, sitting in the park was nice. I thought about doing it more often. I even thought about getting one of those folding chairs so I would not be limited to a limited selection of dirty benches in shading areas. It was nice, the park was quiet for most of the time I was there. At about 12p.m., people started arriving. Luckily, I was finished reading my newspaper.

When I returned home, I decided to eat a Healthy Choice meal. Then,....

I slipped and told myself that I would just go online to quickly check my email while the meal was in the microwave cooking. Needless to say, about 4 hours later, I was still on the computer.

When I finally go off the computer, I watched the evening news and had dinner. I ate some microwaved rice, ready to eat frozen chicken, and frozen spinach. A dinner plate was finished in about 4 minutes. After dinner I watched another installment of the PBS show, "The Pioneers of Televisions - Late Night Talk Shows". Last week, I watch the other installment of the show, "The Pioneers of Televisions - Early Comedians of TV". After, I made another fruit smoothie. This time, I did not use the book, I just threw some leftover fruit and the last bit of yogurt into the blender. I even washed out the blender when I finished. Now, while I'm typing this blog entry, my bathtub was filling up. Having not bathed in several days, I'm long overdue.


Post Date - Friday, August 8, 2008 9:37PM
Completion Date - Wednesday, July 16, 2008 10:15PM

3 comments:

Jeff said...

Well I'm sure that first shower felt good. Back in 2002, I went five or six days once while on a long camping trip. I will never forget how awesome that first one felt.

Jannx said...

Very true, it did feel good. But that wasn't always the case.

When I was younger, I really had a thing about not bathing on a regular basis. Luckily, I've outgrown that.

A Paperback Writer said...

Cleaning. Ugh. You are brave.
One of the reasons I like traveling is because I don't have to clean the house while I'm gone.
Thanks for all your comments on my blog posts today. Yes, the one story was a bit personal, but many of my readers actually do know me in person (like Max), and I don't mind sharing the personal stuff sometimes. (Besides, it was just a trip to a coffee shop -- nothing very intimate going on.)
I'm glad you enjoyed the photos, too.
I like reading your comments on Max's blog and hearing what you have to say about teaching, since you teach in a very different situation from where Max teaches or where I do.