Monday, July 21, 2008

FDR Drive Walk

Sunday, July 20th



I had a 3pm meeting at 125th street with Vpal. Our plan was to walk along the FDR Drive greenway. For those of you who are not in (or from NYC) The FDR drive is located along the eastern coast of Manhattan island. Before leaving:



I did a couple of loads of laundry
I had a quick bath
I was out about 1:30pm

I arrived at the meeting spot at about 2:00pm
Tried to find an entrance to the promenade park
Went to MacD for a Big Mac only while I waited
We started our walk at about 3pm. I stopped along the way to take photos of the path for a website that asks volunteers to upload photos of various kinds of paths
We walk down to Staten Island Ferry Terminal, then we decided to walk back up to catch A trains (epal going southbound and me going Northbound)
We finished our walk about 8:30pm
I arrived in enough time to catch the MN train, but due to construction, the trains were replaced by buses for about 10 subway station. Needless to say, the bus was a poor substitute.
I arrived in the Bronx about 10pm with about 45 minutes until the next MN train, I went to MacD and undid the benefits of the walk in one sit down meal. I had a fried chicken sandwich with fries and a medium strawberry milkshake.
I cleaned out the tub (dirty) from this mornings bath.
While my bathtub was filling up, I wrote this blog entry.
Now I need to relax in the bath so that my leg muscles don't stiffen up. Other than the rub burns from flabby thighs rubbing together, I feel okay. Once again, I will try to start an exercise routine on Monday. I also want to sign up for Boxing lessons either on Monday or Tuesday. I want the lessons signed up so that I can start in August.

Sorry for the sloppy layout of this blog entry. I didn't feel like rewriting it.


Post Date - Wednesday, August 13, 2008 12:44AM
Completion Date - Monday, July 21, 2008 12:22AM

No comments: