Monday, July 14, 2008

5th Avenue Walk

Sunday, July 13th
Today the plan was to meet my epal for a walk along 5th avenue. The meetup time was 3pm at 110th street and Central Park North. I arrived at 2:30pm, but my epal(Veg.) was late. He told me that one of his client (Veg is a freelance designer) was a no show, and his train was also late due to construction. Considering I was late on the first meeting, I felt a bit obligated to wait. Besides, I know the guy is lonely and wouldn't pass up the opportunity to get out of the house. Since the weather was nice, and I was ready my Star Trek DS9 book "Twisted Faith". Veg. arrived about 3:50pm. We started walking but Vpal had to stop to buy a soda. He was hoping the soda would help him with his medicine. To help prevent his epileptic seizures, my Vpal told me the medicine he takes is very strong and can sometimes make him feel very drowsy; he was hoping the soda would give him a pick up so he could continue the walk. The plan was to walk along 5th avenue from 110th street to Washington Square Park (the beginning of 5th avenue). It was about 6.5 miles according to Google Maps. Since it was still early, we decided to walk to the Brooklyn Bridge, then later decided to walk over it, and then later still, we decided that we would walk a bit further. We ended up walking about 12 miles (according to Google Maps). I told Vpal that I would walk until 8:30p.m., (mistakenly) believing that I would need about an hour to reach my MN train. However, once again due to my miscalculation, I missed my train, so I had another hour in the Bronx to wait. Since I had the time, I went to MacDonald's. I told myself that I would start dieting and exercising tomorrow, so today would be my last day of unhealthy foods...at least for a while. I forgot my camera, so I was not able to take any photos this time. I agreed to do another walk with Vpal next Sunday. Unfortunately, Vpal wants to do more walking activities during the week. Although he is very nice, I would prefer to only do a walk once a week.

I need to end this entry now so that I can soak in the bathtub.


Post Date - Tuesday, August 6, 2008 12:26PM
Completion Date - Monday, July 14, 2008 12:55AM

No comments: