Friday, July 18, 2008

More Procrastination

Thursday, July 17th
Another day of chronic procrastination. I woke up a bit earlier than usual, cold cereal and dressed by about 11p.m. I went to get a daily newspaper. Yep, I forgot to use the ATM machine again. I wanted to sit in the park again and read the newspaper before I got to work cleaning my apartment. This time the experience was okay. There were park workers using loud machines like the leaf blower. After I read the newspaper, I was going to walk up the hill to the bodega to get some money out of the ATM to put some money on my laundry card. However, since the weather was so nice, I decided to take the train to Yonkers to go to the bank and save a transaction fee. Once in Yonkers, I first went shopping for some more plain yogurt, fruit, organic 2% milk, about 5 boxes of cold cereal, and microwavable rice. I took the train back. But since I had not gone to the bank(I forgot again), I was going to take the train back, but I decided to walk. Then I decided that I would go back to that nearby gym just to see if I could find it, and maybe join. What happened to not being delusional? While walking to the park with my newspaper and an container of orange juice, at 4 or 5 different points, someone with washboard abs walked past me as I tried (with no success) to keep my stomach from jiggling while I walked past. I walked to the gym again. This time I found out why I could not find it the last time...it went out of business. It would have helped if someone took down the very large awning sign. After that disappointment, I took the bus to another local gym, only to discover that that gym stopped giving boxing lessons. The guy behind the counter offered a free karate lesson, but I really was not interested in karate. However, the guy was a bit persistent. I gave him my name and phone number even as I told him that I was not interested, and that I wouldn't be going. I walked back to central downtown Yonkers. Since there was a police car blocking the traffic, and I saw the local Channel 7 van with the reporter N.J. Burkett. I later found out that there was an accident. An elderly person accidentally stepped on the gas instead of the break hitting two people.

I walked to the bank. I also stopped off at the imitation 5 & 10 store. I bought one of those folding camping chairs. I stopped at a local pizza place and ordered a spaghetti dinner to go.

Evening was TV and blogging. Since I haven't taken a bath this evening, I won't be going outside tomorrow morning, so maybe I will be able to do some cleaning tomorrow.


Post Date - Monday, August 11, 2008 10:53PM
Completion Date - Friday, July 18, 2008 12:37AM/
Saturday, August 9, 2008 4:24PM

No comments: