Thursday, July 31, 2008

Lazy Day / Bill Pay Day

Thursday, July 31st.

Another lazy summer day. I was up about 11a.m. Online for a couple of hours. I received an email from an online teacher's supply store, and of course, I spent money like there was no tomorrow. I purchased:

* a class set of weekly reader's
* a class set of Math practice workbooks
* a class set of Phonic practice workbooks

The bill came to $269.31.

Today was also bill paying day. After a relaxing soak in the bath, I took the MN train into NYC to pay my bills. Lately, I've gotten too lazy to write a check, so I just go to the Bronx to pay the bills in person. I'm not comfortable with the idea of giving companies easy access to withdraw funds from my bank account, so it is either pay by check or pay in person. Actually, having a reason to leave my apartment is another reason. Until today, I haven't left my apartment since Sunday.

Anyway, back to bill pay day. I walked to the bank in downtown Yonkers. I withdrew almost my entire salary to have enough to pay my bills. I took the MN train to NYC. I paid electric and telephone, then credit card, and finally Target store. I took the MN train back to Yonkers. I stopped at the imitation 5 & 10 store to buy a couple of springloaded curtain rods for the kitchen. I finally got around to cleaning my kitchen (including the window sill so I can now put up the kitchen curtains I never put up since I've move here about two years ago. I put up venetian blinds, but I never got around to the kitchen curtains. After the 5 & 10, I went to clear out my locker at the local YMCAl; my membership expires in a few days.

Instead of renewing a yearly-membership I only used about 4 times, I will try another gym. My plan is to join a boxing gym. Boxing has become my new "get healthy" obsession. Last year it was the Y, and the year before it was rowing. Now, my new "thing" is boxing. I'm going to see if I can get out of bed tomorrow, and go down to the gym and look around. If everything looks okay, I want to start on Monday. My plan. I'm going to use my tax refund to sign up for private boxing lessons for the month of August. If I survive August, then I will also sign up for private lessons for September. After September, I will join (again assuming I survive) up for a 3 month group membership which (according to the web site) has a discount. After two months of private lessons, I won't be able to afford the private lessons anymore. It is only because of the tax refund that I will be signing up for private lessons. As you probably figured out, I am someone who has to be pushed to do anything. Without a schedule (or a reason), I tend to drift or lose focus. Look at my summer entries.

After clearing out my Y locker, I went shopping for a few food items. Since I was walking back(and didn't have my granny cart or shopping cart), I stuck with the basics and the bare minimum. I did not feeling like carrying a lot of heavy stuff. On my way back home, I stopped off at the local Chinese takeout restaurant. I ordered a pint of beef fried rice to go.

I watched "Ugly Betty" on TV. Blogged. And I am now done for the day. Hopefully, tomorrow will be new gym look around day. I might also take in a movie.

Post Date - Saturday, August 23, 2008 12:20AM
Completion Date - Thursday, July 31, 2008 10:42PM

No comments: