Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Another lazy day. I did not do anything that I had plan to do for the last several days.

My day started with an online purchase of a new computer. I wanted a desktop. I got tired of typing over a hot laptop. Since I don't take my laptop with me, I did not see a reason to not have a desktop. I decided to buy the Dell Dimension C521 Desktop. I've seen the ad several times over the months in the Sunday paper, and I wanted to apply for the 10% teacher's discount. The desktop turned out to be harder to purchase than I thought it would be. Although the ad was for desktop PC, the order had each piece and part listed almost seperately. I had only a vague idea what those parts and pieces meant. In the end, the cost was about $738 without any extras like Microsoft Word. Dell wanted to charge $149 for Microsoft Office, but Amazon.com had it for about $112. I saved a few dollars for software, but since I did not get the 10% discount, I think it evened out in the end. My computer will either ship or arrive on July 12th. Hopefully, my computer will arrive before my computer class starts.

I also did some searching for local adventures that aren't too expensive....cheap! Some ideas that came up:

* Niagra Falls (Youth Hostel cost only about $20 per night)
* Canada
* Six Flags Great Adventure ($59 - not including a flash pass)
* Statue of Liberty
* Empire State Building
* Summer BlockBuster Movies like Spiderman (I like to go when there are not big crowds.)
The rest of the summer I plan to go to museums, zoos, and parks. If I go during the workweek, then I can avoid crowds. I'm not really a crowd person. I was also thinking about buying a Playstation 2, but I thought that I should be trying to get out of my apartment, not finding reasons to stay in.

And, I can't forget, I also have my "classes" to attend to, and (hopefully) a gym routine to start.

Also, I finally cut my hair. After the cut, I relaxed in the bath for about 2 hours. Now, I won't have any excuses for going out tomorrow. I've been putting off the haircut, but I know it needed to be done. I was just being lazy. The last time I had my "Y" photo taken, it looked like I fell out of bed...and I was stuck with the photo everytime I flashed the ID card to go to the gym. Now, that my hair is cut and I also shaved, I am as ready as I'll ever be for the gym photo.

Now, I am yawning, so it is time for me to end this entry.

Post Date - Tuesday, July, 3, 2007 1:03am

No comments: