Thursday, July 05, 2007

Slow start to the day, but I did make an attempt.

The Plan
To pay my rent and other bills. Go to buy my gym membership. Buy an air conditioner. And buy some towels and shower sandals for the gym.

My Day.
Breakfast (cold cereal). Chatting online. Shower and a nap. I finally got out about 1:30pm. I went to the rent office to drop off my rent check. I took the Metro-North to Yonkers. I debated (with myself) what type of Metro-North ticket to get (Monthly or weekly), I settled for a weekly. In Yonkers, I stopped at the bank, and discovered that I did not receive my salary at the end of June. Since I have direct deposit, I will be paid on the regular payment schedule (twice monthly). This last minute realization, put a bit of a crimp in my plans. I had just paid my rent, and sent off my other bills. I am now busted until next payday. I suppose I should be happy, that I did not get a lump sum payment. I went to the Y with the plan to get a monthly membership, but reading the fine print, signing up for a month by month payment required a 1 year commitment. With a credit card, the signing would have authorized the Y to collect the full year payment without written notification. I just told myself that I would wait until payday and pay the full amount. Since I bought my new computer on my credit card, I don't need anymore debit. After leaving the Y, I went shopping at the supermarket. I bought a gallon of milk, 2 half-gallons of orange juice, newspaper, chicken, ground turkey meat, etc... Since I was planning to buy an air conditioner, I had my luggage hand truck to wheel the aircon home. And, since I did not get the aircon, I had to carry my groceries and drag the hand truck with me.

My plan now is to use my rowing machine until the end of July, I will buy and start my gym membership in August. I will try doing a double workout this month. That means about 45 minutes in the morning and 45 minutes in the evening on my rowing machine. However, I will start off with 30 minute sessions, and gradually build to 45 minutes.

Oh, I almost forgot. I made a doctor's appointment today. The doctor was booked until August 17th. With the doctor's okay, I want to join the boxing program. I basically a marshmallow that wants to toughen up a bit.

For dinner, I had leftover spaghetti with gound turkey meat sauce. And I watched TV. Hopefully, I will be able to start rowing again tomorrow morning.

Oh, and I was thinking about going to the "BODIES" exhibition at the South Street Seaport. Also, I thinking about making Friday, my movie day, first up "Fantastic Four". We'll see.

Post Date - Thursday, July 5, 2007 11:02pm

No comments: