Tuesday, July 03, 2007

One small step for me. Another lazy day. Basically the same as the last few days. However, about 5:30pm, I decided I'd better do something or spend the entire summer eating and sleeping. I decided to walk over to the local Y and sign up for something. The walk was about 23 minutes. I asked for a tour to help me decide. My tour guide was a 20-something guy offering me a deal. His sale's pitch:

For a limited time only, I am offering you a one year membership (normally $350) for $100.

The deal was only for a limited time, and only for me (if I paid cash). The deal could only be made in the stairwell, not in the lobby. If I brought someone who wanted the deal, the guy would have to first approve of the person before the person could be offered the deal. I really wasn't interested. I don't like doing dishonest things. However, I did not want to come across as an unhip nerd, so I told my tour guide that I would think about it.

The place was okay, the machines looked fairly new, and the place had all of the basics that you'd need in a health club (including a heated swimming pool). However, you would definitely never mistake this place for a downtown health club. I also liked that it was not crowded. I don't really like crowds.

I also liked that the place had a boxing program. I wanted to sign up for that as well, but first I will need to get a medical check up. Since the Y will be closed for the 4th of July, I will have to wait until Thursday to go back.

After the Y, I went shopping, then walked back home. Now, I am posting this entry. I will next heat up my spaghetti leftovers, watch some TV, and call it a night. Tomorrow, I think I will spend the day cleaning up this pigsty I am living in.

Post Date - Tuesday, July 3, 2007 7:51pm

No comments: