Monday, July 23, 2007

A very rainy day. It rained here in NYC for most of the day. This morning I woke up tired, and achy. I just assumed that it was a head cold that was taking its time leaving. Most of the morning, I just did not have the energy to move or do much of anything. About 12midday, I decided that I would go to the post office to pick up my Amazon.com order (DVDS and City Walks - New York). Since I had the ticket for about a week, I was worried that the package might be sent back.

For lunch, I decided to make Sloppy Joes using ground turkey meat. But, before I could make it, I had to clean the pots that have been sitting on my stove for a couple of months. Leaving pots to "soak" for a couple of months is not a good idea. I ended up finishing my lunch about 2pm. I also called up the Professional Development program to find out about a couple of classes that I'd registered for. One class had me registered for the wrong sessions, and the other class was cancelled, but no one told me. Everything appears to be straightened out.

Anyway, I left home about 2:51 to catch the Metro-North train going north. Since my unlimited rides pass is for going south, I had to pay $2.25 one way. Since I wasn't in the mood for walking, I thought that I would take the MN to save time. For those of you that don't know, Westerchester is built in the mountains, and the Metro-North is at the bottom (at sea level) on the Hudson River. It took me about 22 minutes to walk up the side of the mountain to North Broadway (the entrance to the office park (the post office is located in the office complex...in the back). From the entrance to the post office, it was another 12 to 15 minute walk.

After getting my package, I walked back home. Since I wasn't feeling well, it took about an hour to return home. I arrived about 5pm.

I finished reading the Sunday paper, then checked out my Amazon order. I bought 3 animation DVDs, and a City Walks (what I thought was a book).

The City Walks Guide is not a book, but a series of 50 cards that outlines different walks. Nice. I was surprised that the Brooklyn Bridge was not among the walks.

About 5:30 I started getting sleepy. I dozed off, and woke up about 8:30. My body was still sore, and now my joints were also achy. For dinner, I had low sodium soup and a few slices of wheat toast (4).

I just registered for another Professional Development class for the Fall. I would much rather taking the courses from the NYC program, then the "professional development" offered in my school.

Well, I think that is it. Since I was still achy this evening, I did not do any rowing today.

206.4lbs.

Post Date - Monday, July 23, 2007 11:48pm

No comments: