Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Strange day in a nice kind of way. This morning, by the time I reached Queens, the rain really started to come down. Luckily for me, there was a bus that that I could take that dropped me off right across the street from the school. Today, I was happy about doing my homework, but I bit disappointed that the instructor did not ask for it, or even look at it. She just said that it should be put into our work folders. Since the rain was really coming down, I decided to try getting school lunch. Actually, the rain was just a good reason. The school I am attending the summer course is located in a residential area, with not much, in the 15 to 20 minute break that we receive. Anyway, it turned out to not be difficult at all to buy school lunch ($4). Today's lunch was fried chicken patties, french fries, bread, salad (with two kinds of cheeses), and milk. It wasn't the best or great, but it was better than what I could do outside in terms of both cost and quantity. I was a bit annoyed with myself that a woman went out to the Dunkin Donuts in the downpour, while I was worried about getting wet.

Today went by fairly nice. We were given about 3 assignments to complete. About 11pm, one student had to leave due to flooding in his basement. Later about 3 others also had flooding in their basements. The instructor said that she would dismiss the class at 12 instead on 1pm, so that everyone can go check their homes. I stayed to finish my assignment.

We had to make up a flyer about an artist. I was very, very shocked at the teachers in my row cutting and pasting from the Internet without little if any thought about what they were plagiarizing, they were doing exactly the same thing that my students have done.

I ended up finishing at 1pm. I asked the instructor if we would be taking our work home, but she said no, she would be keeping the work (but I could print copies for myself if I wanted to).

I was glad to see the rain had stopped on my walk to the train station. I managed to reach the Metro-North just in time to take the express train to Yonkers. Since I was feeling in a good mood, I decided to walk home from Yonkers instead of waiting for the next local train. While in Yonkers, I stopped at the bank. I then visited a local store, to see how much they were asking for their hot water maker. They wanted $40. I said no thank you. I thought it would rain on my walk back home, but it didn't. When I arrived home, the post person left me a notice card. That means another walk to the post office to pick up a package from Amazon.com.

Since I arrived home soaked with sweat, I decided to get on my rowing machine. Since I was in a relatively good mood, I stayed on longer than 45 minutes (one hour). After rowing, I soaked in the bath. I sat and watched the different news stories about the steampipe explosion. For some strange reason, I wasn't hungry. I did not feel like eating, so I didn't.

Well, I better go. I have another early morning day. A few more days before the final Harry Potter book is released. I saw on the news that some people are trying to spoil the book, by leaking information. Currently, I am still reading "The Sword of Shannara". At about 776 pages, it has been a bit of a slow read for me, but today, the action is finally happening at about the 300th page.

199.6lbs. / 28.6%BMI / 168.2CalB.

Post Date - Wednesday, July 18, 2007 10:56pm

No comments: