Wednesday, July 11, 2007

This morning, my legs were still bothering me from the walking that I did yesterday, so I decided to not do anything. I spent most of the day surfing, and watching daytime TV. I watched the court programs (Judge Judy and the others).

I also surfed. I spent about a half an hour trying to find the nearest train station to the Professional Developement class that starts next week. 30 credit hours starting at 8am. To get to the school in Queens, I will have to leave about 6am. Luckily the class is only for one week (8am to 3pm), I should be able to manage. The class is supposed to teach basic computer applications for the classroom teacher. A class I really need to take. Anyway, I tried to use the Google and then the Yahoo maps to try to find the nearest train station, but the maps were a bit too sophisticated for me and my computer. Everytime a map loaded, my computer would freeze, or the program kept saying that the school address could not be recognized. Finally, I just settled for the MTA's travel planner website.

http://tripplanner.mta.info/

The MTA's travel planner was much, much easier to use. Starting location, and end location. You can choose arrival time or departure time to help you with your planning.

I also did a bit more shopping with Amazon.com. I also explored the zipcar website:

www.zipcar.com

I found an article in the Monday, July 9, 2007 Daily News newspaper. So what is "zipcar"? A company that lets you rent a car by the hour. All this time, I've struggled without a car. You pay a $50 dollar membership fee, and they charge about $8 to $10 per hour to rent a car. It would be great to have a car for those weekly errands like shopping, or going to the mall or movies. Unfortunately for me, the nearest company lot is 6 stations away on the Metro-North Hudson Line. I sent the company an e-mail asking for a location closer to me. If I could get a location to me I would be very happy.

Finally, as I mentioned above, I spent the entire day doing almost nothing. I almost avoided rowing today. But at the last minute(10:00pm) I decided to row eventhough I really did not feel like it. This time around, I only burned 105 calories, but I am very happy that I did exercise. Hopefully, I will be able to stick with the exercise routine.

Wt. = 198.2lbs. / BMI = 29.5% / CalB. = 105

Post Date - Wednesday, July 11, 2007 2:01am

No comments: