Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Finally, I have set up my new computer. So far, it looks and feels great. I just have to get used to the new programs, new looks, and new layout, etc...

My day started about 9:30am. I woke up feeling much better than I did yesterday. I had none of the aches and pains that I had yesterday. I mulled around for a couple of hours. Then about 12midday, I decided to finally put up my new PC. First, I had to removed my old laptop that I bought second hand while I was in Japan. Then, I wiped down my computer cart and unpacked the boxes.

The computer had very easy to follow diagrams for setting up the computer. Once I set up the computer, I did a little bit of Internet surfing, just to get the feel of the new computer. I have to get used to the detailed information that seems to pop up every couple of minutes. The computer came preloaded with Google and Dell programs, search engines and homepages (not what I used to have). It will take me a while to get used to this new computer. It is kind of like moving into a new apartment, in a new neighborhood. I also have to get used to the American layout of the keyboard. My second-handed computer had a few changes in the keyboard layout.

The rest of my day was fairly uneventful. For lunch, I ate leftover Sloppy Joes (with turkey meat). I watched TV for a couple of hours. About 5:30pm, I went shopping for some milk, orange juice, and wheat bread. I took the Metro-North to downtown Yonkers. Since it was around rush hour, I did not have to wait a whole hour. When I returned home, I watched more TV. I did not feel like cooking dinner, and wasn't very hungry, until about 9pm, so I made a couple of turkey sandwiches. I also spent about an hour transferring files from my secondhand laptop to a portable hard drive (120GB). I ended up transferring about 2GB of my files, and programs. I like my portable hard drive. I think I am going to use as my backup file storage. It is very portable, and it acts just like a flash drive. It is 3 inches by 5 inches and about a half inch thick.

Well, I think that is about it for today. Tomorrow, I hope to start my online computer course. Each lesson is about 2 hours, so I will need to double up a couple of lessons for a few days to be finish by August 10th (when the class closes, and the materials will be taken off the Internet).

Oh, I didn't exercise today. Although I am feeling better, I did not want to push my good luck.

Post Date - Tuesday, July 24, 2007 11:23pm

No comments: