Monday, July 16, 2007

Wow, I really, really have to manage my time better. I should have started writing this blog entry at 9:30, but procrastinations and distractions ate up my computer time. I was just looking at the local supermarket that allows shoppers to shop for groceries online for home delivery.

I'll have to keep this short, I have my class tomorrow. Again, another 5am wake up. Although, I did not get out of bed until about 5:21am. Before I summarize (briefly I hope) my first day in class, I will summarize my Central Park walk.

Saturday.
I met a new e-pal and we went walking through Central Park. For the last few weeks, we've been exchanging e-mails. I answered her ad from Craigslist. She was looking for new friends, I was looking for e-pals. It was interesting to find that we have several things in common:

We have the same last name
We have similar occupations
We are the same age
We have like the same kinds of movies
We both enjoy walking


Finally, we decided to meet. We met on 72nd street at the Broadway train station at about 1pm. I arrived about 12pm. The #1 train line was under construction, so it took longer for me to arrive, but I was still early. My e-pal arrived a little past 1pm, she walked past me a couple of times talking on her telephone, so I thought she was not the person. However, she eventually came up and introduced herself to me. Maybe she was worried that I was a nutcase.

We walked (and talked) around Central Park for a couple of hours, About 4:30pm, we ate a lite dinner at a Subways restaurant. We then walked around looking for an ice cream shop. On the way looking for an ice cream shop, we stopped at a book store. She looked around, I went to the bathroom. We finally found a yogurt/ice cream shop near Lincoln Center (around 60th street). I had a bananna split.

After the ice cream, my e-pal took me to a Whole Foods store at 59th street and Columbus Circle. I was very impressed with the food store. At first I was a bit turned off by the high prices, but the more I thought about it, the more I liked the store. I think I am going to return to the Whole Foods store. I enjoyed the walk. I will post another time some photos that I took during our walk.

About 6pm, my e-pal told me that she likes to be home before it gets dark (another similarity). We went our separate ways at the train station at Columbus Circle. When I returned home, I did my 45 minutes on my rowing machine. The results were posted on a previous entry.

Post Date - Monday, July 16, 2007 11:06pm

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe if you did not walk so much you would not be so tired. You complain about it on every post. Do you not see the connection?

Jannx said...

A clearer connection is the poor sleeping habits (going to bed at 2am and getting up at 6am).