Monday, July 09, 2007



This will need to be brief. I did quite a bit of walking today, and my legs are already sore. I rowed this morning on my machine for 45 minutes, burning 118 calories. I took a shower, then ate a quick lunch, I had a cup of microwavable rice and a can of sardines in mustard sauce. I left my apartment about 2:30. My plan was to go to the Transit Museum then walk over the Brooklyn Bridge to the meeting spot of the walking group that I would attend today.

I arrived at the museum entrance...it was closed. It closed at 4pm. I decided to walk over the Manhattan Bridge, then walk from Chinatown to the meeting spot of the walking group. The meeting time was 6:30pm at the scupture across the street from the entrance to the Brooklyn Bridge. However, the walking event was to walk over (and back) the Williamsburg Bridge. I did not realize it at the time, but I had already walked over the Williamsburg Bridge a few months ago.

I arrived at the meeting spot an hour early. The two walking group leaders arrived around the 6:40pm. The group waited until 6:50 before starting the walk. There were 7 participates in total.

After we walked the bridge, everyone seemed to scatter (going in his or her own direction). The walk ended about 8:45pm. I ended up by myself on Delancy Street on the east side. I was planning to walk to the west side to catch the #1 train, but I realized that I would have to take the Metro-North which was now on an hourly schedule. About 9pm, I walked to Spring street. I ended up missing the Metro-North train, so I had to wait about 40 minutes for the next train. Since I had time to kill, I went to the Chinese restaurant to order a small eggdrop soup.

As soon as I finish this blog entry, I will soak in the bath. The attached photo is of the Williamsburg Bridge taken from the Brooklyn side. I will upload the other 5 photos taken another time. I'm too tired now.


Wt. = 200.6lbs. / BMI = 30.5% / Cal. = 118cal.

Post Date - Tuesday, July 10, 2007 12:10am

No comments: